Optimization for voice is a common concern in the SEO world nowadays as everybody looks to take advantage of the spike in AI assisted searches. Take a look at the latest statistics:
There are many things you can do specifically to optimize for voice search. In most cases, things you hear about optimizing for voice search are things that will assist your site’s general SEO as well as for voice searches.
After doing some research on Google to locate “how to” articles on the topic of voice search optimization and how search engine optimization changes for voice search, we have compiled a list of tactics to increase organic traffic out of voice searches.
A lot of the articles indicated the very same practices, therefore from the dozens of top-ranking articles reviewed, here are the 12 best techniques and corresponding tactics you may want to use when optimizing your site for voice searches:
- Optimize for conversational keywords
- Produce question-and-answer pages (FAQs) or write individual blog posts answering customer questions.
- Add questions to product pages.
- Utilize Answer the Public (free), Question Samurai (signup required) and StoryBase (compensated) to discover popular questions around your area.
- Optimize for local questions
- Claim your Google My Business listing.
- Add “near me ” phrasing to your pages.
- Write descriptions to show up in the knowledge panel.
- Attempt to get your site a showcased snippet
- Use structured data.
- Make your content mobile-friendly
- Improve your site speed for mobile.
- Use Google’s mobile-friendly testing tools.
- Make your site secure
- In July 2018, Google will indicate non-HTTPS sites as non-secure from Chrome browsers.
- Make your answers brief and concise
- Make your domain authoritative
- Share your content on social network frequently
- Create simple, easy-to-read content
- Make long-form content
- Will make you look like a professional in your area!
- Increases sharing and engagement.
- Rank well in core search
- Produce Actions for Google
Majority of the articles just focused on these four:
- Optimize for conversational keywords.
- Optimize for search.
- Optimize for mobile.
- Use structured data.
The other best practices were rarely mentioned, if at all.
When looking at these 12 optimization practices with regards to whether they aid search engine optimization generally or help specifically with voice search, they are really more general best practices than voice search SEO techniques. They could be essential for voice search, but if you do these things well, they will also assist with typed questions on mobile or desktop.
If you’re doing basic Search engine optimization already, you simply need to add both of these elements to be optimized for voice search, per the articles out there:
If you had been feeling frustrated about optimizing for voice search, your job just got a great deal easier. Focus initially on optimizing conversational keywords and implementing actions for Google to get more traffic from voice search.
The post Integrating Voice Search Best Practices Into your SEO Strategy appeared first on SEO Link Express.